View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 10:20 PM   #1
EmmaBlack3662

Default User Verification

I'll start by saying that this idea will have a lot of moderation involved (sorry!).

I'm active on FetLife and they recently added a thing to allow user account verification without the need for an ID. It was a 4-step process (all in a single page 1>2>3>4 form).

Step 1: Seek verification.
Step 2: Upload a photo that includes your face/upper body/both arms/hands making "devil horns" with your fingers above your head. (photo is private to site mods, for those who don't wish to share their face but would like a verified account)
Step 3: Upload a photo that includes your face and both arms/hands holding a piece of paper with a code on it. Obviously this code should not be related to user ID or anything like that, and should be randomly generated when the verification request is created. (photo is private to site mods, for those who don't wish to share their face but would like a verified account)
Step 4: Wait for verification. Most importantly, this process must be completed within 10 minutes, to avoid spoofing. (at least the uploading process should have the time limit, actual mod review and verification could take longer, of course).

Just a thought to add a level of "trust", I guess, for lack of a better term - to show those that would be more likely to complete tasks or serve in their respective role.

Last edited by EmmaBlack3662; 11-06-2021 at 10:45 PM. Reason: added clarification to the last sentence, added clarification that photos would be private to site mods
EmmaBlack3662 is offline   Reply With Quote