View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #7
Kitten
The One & Only

Do you ever feel that your kinks hold or have held you back?
No, I never felt like that. Aspects of myself have held me back in the past but kink has never been one of them.

Do you think they've helped you move forward?
Yes, in some ways. Because they made me think more deeply about things such as communication, standing up for yourself, clear agreements and expectations, etc. Also, knowing I can take more than I might have expected of myself before. I feel that that's helped me in general life, too.

Do you have difficulty compartmentalizing your kinky/bdsm life from your vanilla life? If so, why do you think that is?
Not at all.

If you find it easy, how do you manage to keep your lives separate and worry free?
I don't. Not anymore than I would keep my private business private, anyway. I do not tell people about vanilla sex or masturbation habits, I do not tell people about my past, I wouldn't randomly grope or snog someone in public either so I have no issues holding back anything else that I feel is private or inappropriate in certain contexts. I do not tell people unless they are near and dear to me, in which case they will either accept it or they can piss off anyway. So it's no conscious effort for me. I just don't feel obliged to share, it doesn't weigh on me.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Kitten for this post: