View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 07:45 AM   #9
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

Actually, fuck that. Sleep is for the weak and the sane.

Part 3: In which our intrepid heroes stumble upon a plan

We spent about three days just constantly coming up with ideas. Some of things I remember being suggested included:
  • One of those caricature booth things, except instead of drawing pictures about the people who come in, we write poetry.
  • Running through the streets shouting the names of dead US Presidents
  • Following the mayor wherever he went on the day, and filming a documentary, which we would edit as we went and present at the end of the day.
  • Recite the local street directory in the style of Jeremy Irons
  • Running a slideshow of local buildings of interest, with every third picture being of us doing .

Ultimately, it was Paul who came up with what we were going to do. If I was a suspenseful writer, or was able of structuring my recounts so they read like a Christopher Nolan film, then I would leave it at that and skip to the big day, leaving you unaware of what our plan was.

But I'm not that good.

We came up with the Boudoir de la Kamikaze Couture. Here's how it would work: We set up a tent, and fill it with retro pillows, comfy chairs, and chilled-out music. However, if you want to come in, you have to be appropriately dressed. (I.e. like we did)

Now this was the clever bit. If you weren't dressed appropriately, you went to the booth next door, where we would have a selection of clothes (hopefully sponsored by Gallery Florentine or maybe just an Op Shop. You leave a $50 deposit and your regular clothes, and get an outfit that you can wear in our Boudoir. We wanted to create a space where people our age [oh yeah, you would have to be 14-20 to get in] to get together, get close, and get phone numbers [but not get freaky] in a very traditional way (I.e. when you're not supposed to). It was going to be so cool.

We got Ian to write up a list of the things we'd need. Paul and Angus would talk to the council [I.e. Helen. Guess whose decision that was?], and I would approach Gallery Florentine about getting a lot of clothes available.

It was pretty clear that we were all planning this event along the same lines for the same purpose: We all wanted an opportunity to get intimate with Helen. To be fair, we were all teenage males. And let's be honest, she was gorgeous.

The thing that I liked about Helen, is that she had [and well, I guess still has] a lot of confidence, a lot of humour, and a willingness to go with whatever ridiculous has been presented, provided it's presented in the right humourous.

Oh, and she likes Beck. Which is just the cherry on the top.

End of Part Three

Last edited by Hampers; 02-13-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote