View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #10
ShinyDemon
getDare Sweetheart

An interesting debate, and one I considered before writing a story on this site.

I believe that the first thing to consider is the difference between...

Fiction: something feigned, invented, or imagined; a made-up story.

Factual: of or pertaining to facts; concerning facts.

Stories that are fiction, or made up, have never happened. If all the stories posted on here were factual, they would either be a) pretty boring or b) mostly lies (i.e. back to fiction) - with one or two exceptions.

Ok, onto the age thing. People would be pretty blinkered to believe that teenagers were pure and innocent until the age of 18 (or whatever the age of consent is where you live). Indeed, most people probably explore their sexuality most below that age, through innocence, curiosity and fun. How many adults would say, "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" ?

With regard to the content of stories, again I'd emphasise the meaning of fiction. If I was to write a story about a serial killer, would that mean that I was more likely to be one ? (In fact, I am actually writing a fictional story on a short story website about a killer... so watch out ! ;o) Joke)
Seriously, if that was the case, there would be a lot of well known and respected authors behind bars... and Stephen King would have probably been institutionalised for his stories !

One point that has been highlighted, and is of concern to me, is that I did not realise that there were so many younger members on here who view the stories. I agree that perhaps more of the stories should be moved into the Restricted Area (including my own one) to provide some sort of protection for younger readers, and also a warning displayed upon entry to the site.

I have mentioned several times in my threads that I try to include something for everyone in my story/ies, however I certainly would not want to offend or upset readers. In view of some of the concerns listed above, (and now my own as mentioned), I have decided to indefinately postpone the sequel to my story.
ShinyDemon is offline   Reply With Quote