Thread: New ideas....
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 07:35 AM   #13
depp=noob=lol
Account Banned

1. Asking to be a mod will result in a 2 day probation.
dont agree, just because of 1 person we dont have scary other people off, i think that you can ask it in a proper way, not by making a thread but sending a pm instead to the mods/ admin etc
2. Over-publicizing infamatory statements will result in a warning.
i think that it is very simple, two post of the same => warning same with threads, if somebody posts the same thing twice, on purpose (so not making a mistake etc)
4. You must have 175+ posts to become a mod.
quality above quantity, Not how much but how good, ok you need posts but you also need time active on the time, myself eg i am not a very much post member, but i am online at the site everyday since aug 2006 (btw i am NOT applying to be a mod now) but i think that you only can be a mod when you know this site for a time and view it everyday for at least a few months. this is because there are atm people who are posting more then 100posts in their first month, if one of them would be a mod now, after just a month then that wouldnt be good for getdare.com because they are just members who are very active ATM but what will happen in the future? we need people who are VERY often active and not just for now but for all times...
5. A mod may be recommened by a staff member in the staff forum.
I think that that is a good idea, but i also hope that other, not staff, members can recomend other members too. as said earlyer not in a thread or post but in a PM, maybe we have to start a pm thing for this kind of suggestions.
6. A member cannot recive a warning and ban/probation for the same thing on the same day. dont agree. What if I am spamming, and i receive a warning (totally earned) but i dont stop but that i continue the same day. The staff has to have the possibility to ban/probate me. What i would like to see is a staff person who would solve problems and has the last word in bans etc. so that not every staff member gets involved.

I hope that getdare.com/bbs wont change to much because of one person.
depp=noob=lol is offline   Reply With Quote