Thread: Fiction: The new girl
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
peter1111
getDare Sweetheart

Target Chapter 1

The new girl

Chapter 1

It is Friday and Maria, Jessica and Carol are sitting in the lunch break and talking about the sleepover at Marias house, they have arranged to start after school.
Carol: “We should do something different tonight”. Maria agrees but has no ideas on what it should be.
In the same moment Laura the new girl enters the canteen, Laura has just started today, and has no friends yet. She looks around to try to find an empty seat.
Jessica gets and idea: “What about inviting the new girl over tonight?”
“Are you crazy Jessica!?!” Maria almost yells.
“No no, I do not want to invite her as a new friend” explains Jessica. “Look at her, she looks like a fool, and we can have some fun with her”.
Carol starts to laugh.
“Come on girls, you wanted something new to happen, and it is a while since we have made fun with someone – for real” continues Jessica, with a big smile all over her head.
After a little silence Maria and Carol looks at each other and both starts nodding their approvals and evil smiles appears on their faces.

Jessica starts to signal to Laura to come to their table. Laura is somewhat surprised that someone invites her to eat lunch with her already from day one. Maybe this school is different than her past ones?
Laura almost runs to the table, where Jessica is greeting her: “You are Laura right? I am Jessica”.
A shy nod with her head is all that Laura can do in response.
“Hey - I am Maria” says Maria, and Carol continues: ”And I am Carol, nice to meet you”.
They start to chat and Laura starts to loosen up a bit, and Maria asks: “So any plans for the weekend Laura?”
“No, I do not have any special plans, properly spend tomorrow with my little sister, and Sunday is church day” is Laura’s response. Carol is turning her eyes upside-down as signal to how boring she thinks is sounds, Laura does not notice, but Jessica does and starts to smile.
Maria: “We plan for a sleepover tonight at my place, you want to join? That would be a perfect opportunity to better learn each other”.
Laura: “Uhhh”, she is totally taken by surprise.
After a short break Jessica joins in: “Come on it will be fun”.
Laura: “I have never been to a sleepover before, but it sounds cool… it is just that my mother would never allow me to go”.
Maria: “Don’t worry, we will fix that. I will make sure that your mother agrees. I will have my mother call you mother after school - okay?”
Laura cannot believe what she hears, she is actually going to have a sleepover, and for the first time in many years, she feels that she has friends. “Thank you, thank you so much for doing this, I will love to go”.
“Here is our cell phone numbers, let’s have yours and your mothers” says Carol.

Shortly after the bell signal that the lunch break is over and it is time to class again.
Maria: “Call me when you mother has agreed, then we can arrange the details”.
“Sure, talk to you later” says Laura as she eats the last of her lunch.
The three girls leave Laura to finish her food. “This is going to be so great” says Jessica “But how are you going to get your mother to persuade Laura’s mother to let Laura join?”
Maria is laughing: “Easy enough, Amanda can call and play our mother, she can persuade anyone to do anything”.
The girls are heading for class, all with a big smile on their faces.
peter1111 is offline   Reply With Quote