Thread: New ideas....
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 06:05 AM   #6
Smile Guy
getDare Sweetheart

I think we NEED a mod forum, desperately.
Full-heartedly agree with this one. I really felt like I need to communicate with other mods about this whole experience we've been having recently. And, of course, these sorts of things will always happen again. That's the nature of life.

Asking to be a mod will result in a 2 day probation.
Well, err, technically, I asked to be a mod (though, of course, in completely different circumstances). I'm a bit against an immediate probation so perhaps an informal warning first that we can then communicate about in the mod's forum.

Over-publicizing infamatory statements will result in a warning.
I think these are issues that would need to be discussed individually in a mod's forum.

Putting a basically same thread in EVERY forum will result in a weeks worth of probation.
Again, individual cases... as these events are quite unusual. Unless, of course, it's blatant spamming, in which the usual rules apply.

You must have 175+ posts to become a mod.
Maybe. Though of course, the quality of the posts should also come into play and there should be individual cases.

A mod may be recommended by a staff member in the staff forum.
Yes. Of course.

A member cannot recive a warning and ban/probation for the same thing on the same day.
Not for the same thing. But certainly for different things.

So, my overall point is that we need a staff forum so as to discuss issues with one another as they arise.
Smile Guy is offline   Reply With Quote