View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #33
shynessincarnate
Distinguished Member

Firstly, this is a very interesting thread, hats off to austinchilds10 for having the courage to post it.

As for me, I would fall in the atheist category. I was raised by two catholic-raised parents who did not want to impose any religious belief on me even going to the lengths of having me removed from my religion classes when I was in elementary school. Though this decision is probably what made me the atheist I am, I consider myself open-minded.

I can understand that some believe in a greater power even if they do not know what it is. I have also read on a LOT of religions and find their views interesting. I have great respect for those who have strong religious beliefs, no matter what they are.

Now, I do not wish to cause a flare-up or a debate that gets out of control, but I am going to go ahead and say this. To be completely honest, what I DO have some trouble with is that I find that some religious practices are forced upon non-consenting individuals. The best example I can find for this is the baptism of a baby. I believe that religious views should be a choice and whilst I know that an individual can be "unbabtized" (for lack of a better word) I would think that each individual should be given the choice.

Finally, I must also agree with Jacques with regards to his view on extremists.

Shy

Likes and stuff

My stories: Kristy's New School (completed), The Dungeon of Dark Desires (in progress)

By the way, did you know that you can now Ask Me (Almost) Anything?

Please read carefully before sending me a PM: I don't do pics or vids, I don't have kik, I am not looking for a Dom or sub, I don't want to play TorD and I don't wish to give you a punishment. If you ask any of these, I promise that I won't answer nicely.
shynessincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote