Thread: Fiction: Immoral Teaching
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
fullofsecrets

Book Immoral Teaching Part Two

Heather got her breakfast - a bagel, a miniature carton of milk, and an orange. She sat at the table in the back with only two other people sitting at it, Jessa and Melody; Heather's closed, and really, only friends at the school. Setting her tray on the table, Heather smoothed her skirt out on her lap.

"How'd you sleep, Heather?" Jessa asked before taking a bite of her apple. "You looked pretty distraught when you left dinner last night."

"Yeah, you know we worry about you, Heather," Melody whispered and leaned over the table moving her mouth closer to Heather's ear. "Sneaking around like that with Jack isn't good for your mental stability here."

"Shh! If someone hears you talking like that I'll get in serious trouble," Heather replied and relaxed in her seat. "Yes, I'm fine. I just need more rest is all. I got a headache from last nights history homework," she joked; they all laughed.

Heather looked over her shoulder, secretly staring over at Jack, who was sitting with all of the other more popular, more desired, and more appreciated students of the school. She was only thankful that he didn't act the rest of them when he was around her. He was sweet and sincere, funny and caring; sexy and understanding. She looked away quickly when she noticed a teacher watching her.

"You need to quit looking over there," Melody commented.

Jessa joined in, "Yeah, one of these days they're going to--"

"Hush! Don't talk like that," Heather interrupted and let soft tears leak from her eyes. Her friends rubbed her arms in effort to comfort her.

The bell rang again and the three of them went off to their first class, algebra; they had all of their classes together. They sat at their desks and pulled their books out as the tardy bell rang. Class started and the teacher had started writing notes up on the board and the students copied them down.

About 15 minutes into class starting the door reopened. A girl in Heather's class, obviously late, walked slowly into the room with her head held down. The teacher darted his eyes at her.

"Miss Beth, your late," he said.

"Yes, sir. I know, but you see I was in the bathroom and my book bag dropped and everything fell out of it. I had to clean it all up," Beth conceded.

"That's no excuse and you know it. To the--"

"No, sir. Please, please don't send me to the Head Master's office," she blurted, interrupting.

"Excuse me?" The teacher walked over to her and grabbed her by the arm and forced her down onto her knees. "What did you have to say to me?"

"N...nn....nothing, sir."

"Dont you give me that. You just said it." He yanked her up by her hair and slapped her hard on the thigh and she let out a scream. "You go to the Head Master's office and wait until I get there. I hope you know what your in for." He pushed her out of the room and she fell onto the hallway floor as he closed the door behind her.

The whole class stared in horrific silence except for Heather. She sat with her head down, staring at the pencil and papers on her desk, trying not to draw attention to herself. The teacher returned to his desk at the front of the class and continued to go on with the notes as if nothing had happened. But the rest of the class couldn't help but to wonder what was going to happen to Beth.
I am the author of "A Hidden Voice" and "Immoral Teaching". Thank you for everyone's comments on my writing. And my stories do not continue without comments. That means *no new parts till there are new comments*
fullofsecrets is offline   Reply With Quote