Thread: Pluky wonders
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 09:11 AM   #68
Anakin

Send a message via AIM to Anakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluky View Post
Q : I don't know if anyone reads my questions here anymore, I might make a thread instead if this get no response here, but I am always puzzled by the subs who are in long term denial. While I can't relate with any of their courageous endeavor, today I have a specific question. Surely like everyone else they do face at some point difficult things in their lives, things that can break you or things that can take many days or weeks to heal from. How do you continue to stick with those rules through such hard times ? Aren't you tempted to give yourself a break and enjoy yourself in order to get better ? Doesn't sexual frustration add to your bad feelings ?
Different rules for different folks, of course, but I'd look at it as a matter of motivation and self-discipline.

In the context of running (exercise), I run every day I can. But I take bad weather days (lots of rain/very cold/very hot) as opportunities to build that discipline even stronger. The less I want to go out for my near daily run, the more I know I should go, especially that day. There is a motivation behind that, which is to keep healthy and svelte.

DISCLAIMER: I probably wouldn't last on long (or medium) term denial, probably because I lack the motivation to entertain that, so building denial discipline has a slim chance of success.

Notice: Anakin is for legal adults only. If it's not legal for me to talk to you, or for you to talk to me, please move on and don't engage with me in any manner.
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote