Thread: Fiction: Adventure Abroad [MxM]
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 03:49 AM   #36
Saphir
getDare Sweetheart

Information

Thanks to everybody, I really appreciate your your comments.

Another (rather short) part with some background info... I actually wanted to mention this earlier, but yeah... so I tell it now...

-----

Tim's confusion about twist-off caps:
We simply don't have them in Germany, the most Germans don't even know they excist. And if they know they consider it to be a weird idea, in my experience. ;D

Language:
I try to write proper English of course, even though none of the characters, apart from Chad, speaks English fluently. Also, they would probably talk partly German and partly English. In their age, every German knows enough English for basic conversation and usually uses it when there are foreigners around, so they can understand each other. They talk German now and then, when they speak to other Germans, especially Jonathan and Steffi (I usually don't...)

I think compared to that group, my English is the best, Tim and Jan are good and Jonathan and Steffi don't really like to speak it but they can if they want to. But Toby.... well he really sucks at English, he always hated it in school and he didn't start improving until he started playing online on a US server. Before that his English sucked a lot, so I thought it'd be fun to let him fail speaking English. (So far by literally translation of German sentence structures.)

--------

I'll try my best to get the next chapter as soon as possible done!

See you soon!
Saphir is offline   Reply With Quote