View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #139
collegeboy

Heart Break Ben and Evan (XLVII)

Levi seemed to be a nice enough guy; however, Ben was not sure how he had convinced himself to take the bold step he was about to take. He and Levi had hung out a few more times, and they were quickly becoming friends. Nonetheless, a small part of Ben still wondered if he was about to be too forward. Ben did not do things like this. He felt, in equal parts, crazy and determined. Perhaps he was out of his mind, but he had to see what would happen.

Thus, Ben walked resolutely toward the showers after gym class. Levi, who did not hear anyone approaching as he stood under the water, was taken by surprise when he felt two arms wrap around him from behind. Startled, Levi turned around quickly, in time to watch Ben allow the towel which had been wrapped around his waist to drop to the floor.

Feeling intruded upon, Levi started to speak, but Ben raised a hand to silence him. Unsure what was happening, Levi stood uneasily as Ben joined him under the water, leaned forward, and planted a brief kiss on his lips.

"Levi," said Ben, softly and sweetly, "I really like you."

Levi was overwhelmed. Nothing like this had ever happened to him before. How was he supposed to respond? He and Ben had only just met, but now they were standing together like this, naked in the locker room showers. Ben tried to read Levi's expression, but he could not. He hoped Levi was not offended.

"I'm sorry," continued Ben, who, as Levi remained silent, was becoming more and more worried that he had crossed a line which ought not to have been crossed, "I shouldn't have done that."

Yet, as the shock faded, Levi realized that he was fond of Ben as well and interrupted the apology, "I think I might like you too."

Ben breathed a sigh of relief as the two grabbed their towels, each smiling, and walked back to their lockers to dress. That had certainly gone better than it might have.
collegeboy is offline   Reply With Quote