View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 06:28 AM   #21
Masterwants
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPersin View Post
So the 3 things people are upset about:

-Claimed lesbian and is now claiming bi in some way, so is sexuality not fluid? Even if it isn't just trying to stop the MASS AMMOUNTS OF CRAPPY MEN ON HERE do people not realize that late teens early 20s is when people really start learning their sexuality a lot of times?

-From Mistress to sub... so do we just ignore that the poster literally went over why they are switching and trying out, so switches who lean one way don't exist now either? Good to know I am only ever a Dom then.

-Stated career, I find it more shocking that people actually post their real career and expect that. You don't get to know what I do on here, I just use as generic terms as possible because I would rather not have my career risked in any way. Do I need to mention the creepy men again?

It sounds like a lot of guys are just upset that they don't get the personal info before negotiations or vetting. If it bugs you then go find a person who doesn't care about risk. But from my experience those types of people in Kink are not worth the risk or the headaches.
I don’t think any of us are upset, I’m certainly not, i think some of us just saw some warning signs and wanted to share our thoughts. I don’t know why you choose to try and prove why we might be wrong with our assumptions either, it’s our right to think what we think, and sometimes I’m using my gut instinct rather than logic. I’m not perfect and could well be wrong, but my comments were my opinion and I don’t expect everybody to agree, some did though.

I certainly don’t want anybody to reveal things they aren’t comfortable with, I see no reason for people to falsely claim their occupation, if you’re worried about doing that say nothing, I can’t see anyone being upset about that. I’m aware that people can change their preferences, I’m also aware that in my ten years of getDare that I’ve encountered plenty of liars and fakers, who didn’t think I’d notice their inconsistencies or lies. I think you’re making sweeping generalisations about people in terms of what might “bug” them and the reasons behind this, which is sad.

Please remember we are all different, diversity is good, you do you and I will do me. This may mean commenting on threads again in similar circumstances, as others also do, and again I don’t expect everyone else to agree. I may be wrong, as we all are at times, but I don’t need people trying to convince me I am in an attempt to make me admit I’m wrong or apologise, I stand by all of my previous comments.

If nothing else this appears to have been a learning experience for the OP, whether that is negative or positive for them.

Last edited by Masterwants; 11-07-2023 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Adding additional comments
The following user says Thank You to Masterwants for this post: