Thread: Pluky wonders
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 02:17 PM   #39
Ace_E360
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluky View Post
Sir's toy isn't sure what sense of agency could mean, she wouldn't be against some elaboration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuju View Post
It's the feeling of being able to make your own choices, and have those affect the world around you, e.g. deciding what to eat, when to go out.
What csuju said!

In more detail, you may have encountered the idea of a "grammatical agent" which is the entity in a sentence that performs an action, usually on a patient/target/undergoer. (What can I say, technical terminology is awkward.) For example, Master (the agent) spanked the sub (the patient). In the same sense, reducing a sub's sense of agency could be understood to mean forcing or encouraging a mentality where they don't do things, things are done to them. This goes hand in hand with how strict the rules on language use might be. Your dom appears to allow you third person gendered pronouns while avoiding the first person (i.e., sir's toy thinks that *she*...) whereas I typically require the use of 'it' when I impose a similar rule. (To be clear, not a critique, just a different approach.) If everything goes according to plan, the result is that the sub is encouraged to view themselves and their worth in relation to me and the use I choose to make of them.
6.5 inches - 6'5" - 200 lbs

Not looking for a long-term dominant.

Likes, limits, and toys
PM DARES
Rules and always-in dares

PM or kik me to add PM Dares and/or rules.
Ace_E360 is offline   Reply With Quote