Thread: Fiction: Ashley's Game
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 05:37 AM   #85
Luffy90

Chapter 38

“The dare starts like this. We will get dressed for a little bit. Then we will walk out to the little forest that is like a ten minutes walk from here. Once we enter, there is a tiny path that goes off the main trail to a little secluded area next to the lake. That’s where this dare will be done. Once we get there we’ll take our clothes back off until we leave. I’ll share the rest of the dare once we arrive, but I’ve written it down on this paper so that I can’t change anything if I am to participate or not.”

“An outside dare huh?” Lucy said surprised. “What if someone comes to our spot while we’re there?”

“Then we just run further into the woods. Nobody would chase five of us, and the chances of anyone even coming in on that path is next to none. It’s not a very active area.” Ashley answered. “I guess I’ll roll to see if I am joining in on the dare then.” Ashley spun the wheel and watched it slowly come to a stop. “Well, looks like I’ll have to join after all. Was hoping I’d get lucky on this one and just get to watch you guys instead.”

The five of them then got dressed and headed outside. The ground was still wet from the earlier rain, making it less likely that anyone would wander off the main trail to find them. But the weather had changed to light clouds with a few blue openings in the sky where the sun was shining through from time to time as the clouds moved, so it was bound to have more people go outside as the day went on.
Once they arrived at the woods, they could hear dogs barking further in. But a few hikers walking their dogs was to be expected though. Despite hearing activity further in, they didn’t meet anyone before Ashley pointed them towards a tiny trail that went off the main path. It wasn’t very obvious that it went anywhere in particular, so it made most of them feel a bit calmer that they wouldn’t be spotted by anyone.

They followed the path for what felt like around ten minutes before they reached the lake. They could see movement from people across the lake walking on the main path, but it would be very hard to spot them where they were standing, mainly due to the tall grass and bushes and trees around them. The area they were in could mostly be used as a little camp spot or something but not as a spot people would normally hike to.

“Right then. Are you ready for the dare I made for us? I was hoping I’d get to pass on this round, but I knew the chances were there that I had to join so it's not too crazy.” Ashley lined up in front of the others with the folded paper in her hand.

“I think we are as ready as we could be.” Lucy answered. And the others nodding next to her.

Ashley then opened it up and read the note.
Luffy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 users say Thank You to Luffy90 for this post: