View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
LadyCeleste

Default Change the Way Tags Appear in Ads

Okay, so I have a suggestion. This is something that has been brewing around in my head for some time and I never knew just how to put it into words until now.

In the S/M Area where people can post ads for threads. I really do believe it would be necessary to add more tags. I see all the time "I'm 18 years old and a master/mistress." No, you're not. You might have experience from being under the age of 18 from doing it, but that does not mean that you are qualified to be a "master" or a "mistress".

What I am suggesting is that there be other tags added.

Dominant
Master/Mistress

The way to define these would be:

Newbie: 0-5 years LEGAL experience
Dominant: 5-10 years LEGAL experience
Master/Mistress 10+ years LEGAL experience.

By legal, I mean being over the CONSENT age (IE: 18 for the US), and participating actively in the community. Yes, that would put many of the 20 somethings into Dominant or the Newbie category, but it would seriously prevent a lot of confusion.

I find a lot of times, these people who are new out of the gate who call themselves a Master or a Mistress and have little to no experience actually end up doing more harm than those who have a little bit of experience in the scene.

I answer a lot of questions in the S/M Advice collumn and via PMs and E-mail so often that I find that something like this is truly necessary. Please, post your comments, thoughts, and feelings on something like this because I am not the only one, who I know, that feels this way.
I DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN TORD. I AM NOT HERE FOR THAT. DO NOT ASK.
The following 4 users say Thank You to LadyCeleste for this post: