View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 10:54 AM   #3
knorke
Glitter Princess

Hi, I'm knorke and I have an AMA... that I started in 2018, and that I most certainly did not check any time recently. I say that, but it's not true, actually - I checked last week, when I first saw this thread; and actually vaguely recall having seen the last two posts of it (neither of which are by me) at some point prior.

I often times only come by if I have a few free minutes and while on my phone, barely good enough for a response I thought is worth posting here. The order in which I browse the site is typically lounge (where it actually feels like people are mostly humans that care for interaction more than other parts); then look at the chat to see if there's anyone in there I wanna chat with (typically no); then maybe check if someone I know has posted in the request TORD section. If I ever go to AMAs, it's probably because I'm super bored - or one of the people that I care about shows up as last poster.

I find it interesting that AMAs are under crossfire here. Abandoning threads isn't particular unique to this section of the site and happens to a lot of other threads as well, with perhaps one notable distinction - very very few people create threads or post there comparatively. If you post something in Request TORD, and noone posted in there for a day or two you might as well forget it exists. How many people skip past 2-3 pages anyway? Meanwhile, 3 pages of AMAs gets you to 2+ months ago...

I don't doubt that people come here for reasons mentioned before - judging by what's posted at times. But I also can't see how an AMA would help you in any way, shape or form if you're horny to achieve anything? It's just... not a very active section of the site. Chances are you won't get any questions, or only after a while - in which case you might as well have forgotten to even check anymore?

It's also discouraging when someone posts either very trivial questions; or something related to the posters' very particular fetish that the creator hasn't even hinted at having in common. These often are posted in every AMA with zero variation; and I just don't find answering questions engaging if the other person gives me not a lot of reason to care about them. Short answers don't help engagement - but I also know that I'm far from a person sharing much insight into my life.

There's only been a single AMA thread where I felt the creator was generally intriguing and actively wanted to know many things - if only because they felt extremely charming and/or relatable... and I would've been absolutely thrilled to see anything like it more often. And I would absolutely love to meet that person more, but alas.

I know I stopped checking mine a while ago (removed it from my signature and all) and I'm perfectly happy with the state it's in. If I could close it - I would. There's actually two posts since I've last checked, one of which is by a friend - that I feel bad about not answering, but she's also not been here recently (so I even feel worse for not having answered it before); and the other is by someone I've never seen before or since (doesn't make it ok, but I can live with it after a 2 year gap which had months of me not opening gD). Hey, I'm no role model, and I'm fine with that.

None of this is an answer, of course - and there's no real solution; I just stopped expecting to see people in a meaningful way more than once on this site, if even as often... which is why I have an extremely tiny circle of people that I genuinely want to interact with.

---

Also feel free to call me out for not responding in my AMA, I'd actually feel like I'd respond if I knew something new was posted there