View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
interesting
getDare Succubus

Location: Somewhere between here and there, in Quebec, Canada...
Default Meanwhile, driving to Sherbrooke... I

"We're running late..."

Jacques tilted his head sideways and stared at his pregnant girlfriend. For the last two days, it was all he could do to prevent himself from telling her to shut up. He loved her immensely, and although he was anxious to see Danielle again, and to meet this Frank and his friends, he thought Rita's reaction was excessive. He wanted to blame it on her hormones, but then again, she was always like that.

"We'll be there. Keep your shirt on."

Rita was having a hard time sitting in one space. It was a two-hour drive from Montreal to Sherbrooke on Highway 10 - that is, forty five minutes getting out of the city and the rest on the Highway. They had just passed Granby, which meant that they still had forty-five minutes of driving ahead of them.

"I'm sorry. It's just been so long since..."
"...since you saw Danielle, and Frank much longer than that."
"I'm repeating myself, aren't I?"
"You are."

Jacques did not mind the constant repetition, but he had difficulty dealing with any kind of co-pilot. And Rita's constant insistance on them being late, hinting that they should speed up, was irritating him.

"We'll be there in less than an hour."
"Can't you floor it a little?"
"Honey, I told you. There's police on the Highway nowadays. We saw one about thirty minutes ago, just past L'Ange-Gardien."
"Yeah, but there are none here."
"Honey, I'm not getting another ticket for your sake."

Jacques had already lost points on his license for not wearing his seatbelt and another for an illegal turn - on a poorly signaled street, that one he intended to contest. Speeding was not even an issue; he kept a steady hundred and five kilometres an hour, thanks to cruise control, and was not inclined to do more than that. Since Rita did not have her license, if they got arrested for speeding, he would lose his license.

They had tried the radio earlier, but there was nothing on. As Jacques stared at the road, Rita began to hum a lullaby, then she stopped.

"It kicked again."
"That's wonderful. It likes your singing."
"We should really find out if it's a boy or a girl..."
"I thought you didn't want to know."
"I thought so too... but calling it 'it' sounds weird..."

Rita paused.

"If she's a girl, we call her Cynthia."
"And if it's a boy?"
"A boy, we call... Daniel."
"Daniel?"
"Well, yeah. I like that name."
"You're obsessed... you have a one-track mind, honey."
"What do you mean?"

Jacques was speaking while barely looking at her, his eyes darted on the road ahead.

"Remember last night, when we were making love?"
"I do. What about it?"
"I knew something was off... I didn't mind, but I just realized something. You're obsessed with Danielle."
"Am not."
"Are too."
"Prove it!"
"Okay... Let's start with last night."

Jacques took a few moment to recollect his thoughts.

"We roleplayed last night, right?"
"We did."
"What did we roleplay?"
"You were a girl..."
"Right... you wanted me to behave as if I was girl... my dick was a strap-on, remember, and you asked me to eat you out more than usual... you've got lesbian sex on the brain!"
"So? It's not the first time we've done something like that?"
"Ever since you two rewrote that story of you two together..."
"All true, by the way."
"I'm sure you embellished it a little..."
"Fine, fine... I have Danielle on the brain. Can you blame me?"
"No, I don't. I just find it funny. Be patient, love, we'll be there soon."

Silence crept into the car, but Rita broke it.

"You don't have to feel threatened, honey."
"I don't... it's not like we never did anything like this before."
"True... but we did say we would stop."
"We did."

Again, more silence.

"Look Rita, this is what it is, nothing more and nothing less. I know you and Danielle have a special connection."
"Honey, I love you. You made me a beautiful baby in my belly... you make me happy."
"I know. You make me happy too."
"Let's not fight."
"Are we fighting?"

Rita laughed, then her smile turned to a smirk.

"You know, love, there's something I could do to pass the time."

For the first time, Jacques actually tilted his head to look at his girlfriend, a bewildered look on his face.

"Now?"
"Now."

Jacques' eyes widened. It was going to be hard keeping his eyes on the road.