View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 06:46 AM   #20
xdressslave

Send a message via MSN to xdressslave Send a message via Yahoo to xdressslave

I just noticed the new rules which came into effect recently on the slave and master section of the website.

Now, members must be 18 or older to make a master or slave request.

I can totally understand from both sides of the coin why Depp has decided to do this. Being a webmaster for a long time, I understand the legal and practical sides to this. However by limiting the site to over 18's, getdare will basically become less active in the slave and master section, which is probably the most active section of these forums.

I don't beleive a person 18 years (or older) would come here when they are looking for a slave or master. Their are many other speciality (and more active) websites/communities (which I will not name here) that are specifically designed to cater for this audience, and have more older people on them.

Wheras the slave/master section of getdare is catered for teens, and teens only. Rarely will you find a person older than 18 asking for to be a slave or master. Why? Because they'll have better luck on the adult websites.

Perhaps Depp, you could compromise. You need to cover your ass from legal ramifications, which I totally understand. Maybe reduce the age limit to 16? In many countries you can have sex with whoever you want at 16, just not a teacher. You could also put up a disclaimer in a seperate topic saying something to the effect of

Quote:
By disclosing and/or using an e-mail address or Instant messaging handle to allow others to contact you/contact someone else, you understand that you are doing so at your own risk. Under no circumstances are you required or obliged to communicate with anyone on this site, and you should exercise extreme caution when talking with other people on the internet you have not met in person before. getDare will not be responsible for any actions you carry out.
That's something rough. I usually can write something that sounds a bit more legal/professional, but I'm a bit tired atm, and just had a jim beam
xdressslave is offline   Reply With Quote