Thread: [FICTION] The Best Camping Trip Ever
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
cseagles

PART IX

When we arrived at the carnival, we all knew that it was going to be fun. There were lights and rides everywhere along with games and food. We walked through the parking lot to the ticket booth.

“Hi, 4 adults,” I said.
“Okay, that’ll be forty dollars,” said the cashier.

Everybody gave me their ten dollars and we received our wristbands. The wristbands gave us all the rides and games we wanted.

“Let’s go on the tilt-a-whirl first!” said Ashley.
“Okay, fine with me. How ‘bout you guys?” asked Jim.
“It’s cool with me,” I said.
“Same,” said Anna.

We walked over to the tilt-a-whirl where a semi-toothless carnie was working. We stood in line for what seemed forever, but it was well worth the wait. The carnie opened up the gate for us and we got into the chairs. Jim and Ashley took one chair, and me and Anna took the other. I had a feeling this was going to happen. Jim was always cool about me and girls. He tried to help me as often as he could, and I would do the same. I helped strap Anna into the ride and we waited there for a minute before the carnie ran over the safety instructions. He made his way back to the operator’s booth and gave us the thumbs up. He slowly began to pull the lever and the ride began to move. It started out slow, but began to pick up speed. Pretty soon we were going full speed. It was such an adrenaline rush. I felt like I needed to puke, but I didn’t want to do that in front of Anna. The ride lasted about two minutes before we got off.

“Whew! That was fun,” said Anna. “What’s next?”
“How about we go play some games,” I suggested.

The group nodded in approval and we made our way over to the games. There were the usual carnival games: squirt guns, popping balloons, bobbing for apples, the rubber duckies, knock down the glass bottles with a few softballs and some others that I had never seen before. It looked like a ton of fun. Jim and Ashley split off which left me and Anna alone. I was a bit nervous, but I had been in this situation before.

“So, what game do you wanna play first?” I asked.
“Ummm… how ‘bout the one with the squirt guns?”
“Sure. I’ll try not to hurt you too bad,” I said jokingly.
“That sounds like a challenge to me. How ‘bout we make a little wager on this?”
“Oh really. What kind of wager we talkin’ about here?”
“If I win, then you have to carry me around the rest of the night,” she said.
“Fine. You’re on.”

We raced over to the squirt gun game and showed the guy behind the counter our wristbands. There wasn’t anybody else at our game, so it was just me against Anna, just how I wanted it to be. We took our seats at the guns and got ready. I gave her a playful glare and she gave me one back. The bell rang loud and we began shooting.

“Come on, come on!!!” I said.
“There’s no way you’re gonna win!” she said. “YES!!! I WIN!!”
“Dammit. Well, how do you wanna do this?” I asked.
“You can just give me a piggy back ride from game to game,” she said. I was more than happy to comply.
“Fine, whatever you want,” I said sarcastically.

I squatted down so she could get on my back. She climbed on and I grabbed her legs and she grabbed my shoulders and neck. I could tell that she recently shaved because her legs were silky smooth. We decided to go bobbing for apples next. She of course, beat me in that too. I beat her in the rubber ducky game, and we decided that pin the tail on the donkey would be the last game of the night for us.

“Okay, I guarantee that I’m going to win this one,” I said.
“Don’t be so sure of yourself.”

The man working the game told us to step up. I grabbed the blindfold from him and put it around her beautiful eyes. I tied the knot in the back and began to spin her around. She giggled as I spun her around. I was able to get a good view of her entire body while I was spinning her around. I finally put my hands on her shoulders to stop her and she was giggling.

“I’m so dizzy!” she said.

I just laughed and smiled. I handed her the tail and let her try and pin it on the donkey. She looked so cute doing it and I didn’t want it to end. She stumbled towards the donkey and pinned it in the middle of the donkey’s nose.

“Poor donkey,” I said.
“Rats!”
“My turn,” I said.

I handed her the blindfold and she put around me. I could feel her warm breath on my neck as she tied the knot. She put her hands on my shoulders and began to spin me around. She spun me around five times before she stopped me.
“Go ahead big boy!” she said.

I fumbled around for a minute before gaining my balance. I took the tail and pinned it right on the donkey’s butt. I took the blindfold off and celebrated like I had just one the superbowl.

“In your face, in your face!!!” I yelled.

Anna couldn’t help but smile with her beautiful smile of hers. She was glowing and I loved seeing her like that. The guy working the game told me to pick out a prize. I picked out a big stuffed dog for Anna and handed it to her.

“Awww, thank you,” she said, and kissed me on the cheek. My cheeks immediately turned bright red and she just giggled. She hopped on my back and we went off to find Jim and Ashley.

TO BE CONTINUED…