View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 07:10 PM   #8
Tease
Whiny Weasel Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelessprogram View Post
I don't know where Getdare is based, it does not matter.
It kinda does matter though, whilst you are right that the GDPR applies everywhere it is not easily enforceable everywhere and the chances of it being enforced on a small site like getDare are very very slim and so the best you can really do if you don't like it is not to sign up in the first place.

Quote:
The ban list is (rightfully) full with underage users, so why not ban people who are obviously up to no good?
Because they haven't broken the site rules and just because you don't like or agree with what they do that doesn't give you the right to police them. If you want to make the rules then create your own site.

Quote:
If Butterfly does not have enough time, other admins should be found. If they can't be found, maybe this ad section should be closed.
Butterfly is a dear friend of mine, and someone who constantly goes out of her way to enrich the lives of people around her. She runs events, she tries to include people, she's run match-making services, she reaches out and looks out for lots of people, she supports charities in her person life that she would never shout about because she asks for no recognition in return! She helps to organise and run this site in her own free time for the good of its members.

She is a very selfless person and someone who inspires me to try and be a little bit better to others (and the therefore the reason I'm not being more aggressive here). So please before you start antagonising the staff just pause for a moment and think about what have you given back recently. A quiet and friendly word will get you much further in life than trying to force your points across in a public forum.
Tease is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 7 users say Thank You to Tease for this post: