View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 07:09 PM   #7
amethyst353
getDare Sweetheart

If a site has no physical presence in the EU or there is no flow of cash out of the EU to the site, there is simply no way to enforce GDPR outside of the EU.

Should sites like getDare meet the standards of it anyway? I certainly think so, especially with how sensitive the data on here can be. However, I do know that this site runs on vBulletin, which at this point is an ancient platform so I am not sure if it is possible to wipe someone's history here easily.

I also know that it is clear getDare will never conform to those standards no matter what I think they should do. It is my choice whether I continue to use it knowing the risks.

And of course getDare isn't safe. No kink space is. Other than the ableism in the original acronym, that is one of the reasons that RACK (risk-aware, consensual kink) has been replacing SSC (safe, sane, and consensual) as the guiding mantra. The idea that any kinky act is "safe" is really stretching the meaning of that term. Being aware of the risks and doing what you can to reasonably manage them is a lot more realistic way of approaching it.

So getDare is what it is and from my experience, doesn't try to hide it. It is a kinky community on an outdated platform, which is lightly moderated and has a high level of anonymity. You can either recognize that and do what you can to vet and take other steps to protect yourself, or you can decide that the risks are too high and find a better environment for you. And it's not like there is any shortage of bdsm communities online (and many of them on modern platforms where there is a reasonable right/ability to be forgotten).

You clearly believe the amount of risk here is too high and are not okay with how it is run. And that is absolutely a valid opinion to have, but continuing to try to force it to become something else and not taking no for an answer is becoming tiring. Just move on.

loves: humiliation, gags, bodywriting, bondage, games
limits: pics with face, messing with sleep, public, heavy blackmail, videos, permanent, scat, extreme pain Note: I transitioned years ago - wearing women's clothes isn't a dare. If you give me a sissy-themed dare, I will ignore you.

Full likes/limits | Toys/Items I Own | PM Dares (friends only for a bit) | My current rules

Last edited by amethyst353; 02-08-2020 at 12:03 AM. Reason: grammar
amethyst353 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 6 users say Thank You to amethyst353 for this post: