View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 05:48 AM   #14
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

@carelessprogram There are parts with which I agree and parts with which I disagree.

Gutters
getDare used to have gutter forums for as long as I've been around on here but the number of these barely moderated sections seem to be growing. It used to be just the person above truth or dare and the messengers section (aside from the cam slave marketplace). Now, I feel like the dares section is added which is a pretty big part of getDare considering that getDare is created for Truth or Dare.

It's easy to tell the community to report posts if they break the rules but this is just an excuse to not bother spending time yourself to clean some forum sections a little bit. And arguing that we mustn't complain because the staff moderates getDare without compensation (thus unpaid) is also an excuse. If you don't want to spend time moderating without compensation then why are you part of the staff? Whatever the reason, if the staff is understaffed then recruit new staff members to help out with moderating getDare. So I agree with you on that.

Rant over, now back to the discussion.

Posting rules
Extra posting rules is not the best course of action. The more rules you have to follow, the complexer/ harder it is to follow them all. Some won't bother to follow them and the staff might not bother to address these users. Even legitimate threads/ ads might break one of the many rules.

I don't think it's the staff's job to moderate the content of a post more than they should. I feel like the current posting rules of getDare guidelines are perfect for both the users and the staff to follow and moderate. If course, everyone has its opinion on this matter. When you add rules like the examples you gave, it will be too much of a hassle to properly moderate getDare and users might not remember them all because of the quantity.

Responsibility
Instead of restricting everyone's content with more rules, I believe that people should judge the risk of danger of a post themselves. Just look at all the blackmail threads floating around on getDare, which you can argue are extremely unsafe. Yet people are attracted to those threads and keep posting on them. Banning those along with other possibly dangerous threads will leave us with several forum sections that are almost empty, and users leaving getDare. It's hard to find a balance between facilitating a platform for the user's needs (incl. risky threads) while also keeping everything safe. The silver lining between them has to be approached and I do think this is done well enough. The staff made a decision which they think is the best and I'd assume it's always up for discussion if the community (or specific users) disagree with the decision. But in the end, the staff has the final choice.

Horny minds
Users who jump on the danger wagon without thinking twice (blackmail, TeamViewer, sending pictures, etc.) are to blame themselves if anything bad happens. This doesn't mean that one shouldn't help them out but to protect someone tumbling around blindfolded (figure of speech: horniness can be blinding) will be at the cost of the freedom of others. Besides, I wouldn't help those who can't even think for themselves.

Sorry if I shifted the topic towards the dangers of getDare and how to deal with them. If you want, we can go back to the original topic: how to deal with pretend girls. And next time (if there will be one), I'll keep my posts a lot shorter.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—