View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #8
DeepInnerFreak
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelessprogram View Post
I agree with this part of your post. However I don't agree on the first part.

The men replying to my hypothetical add where I'm posing as a female did not give consent to engage in sexual acts with someone who is actually male. Just as consent is needed in real life, it is needed on the internet as well. And why would I lie about my gender? Very likely because that way I can get something I would have otherwise not get (as you probably know, just the fact that you are female gathers way more interest regarding anything sexual on the internet) and I could potentially blackmail people. Of course, that chance is always there, but quit a lot bigger when I already lie about my gender. Those men did certainly not consent to that.

You can't verify me and users have their own responsibilities for their online safety as well. But once I'm outed as a faker, you should get rid of me. I potentially endanger every one on this site. In my (west European) country I've read more than once in the news about men being blackmailed after sending pics to other men posing as women. They often just pay up (of course that's often what the blackmail is about), because they are ashamed. But once you pay the first time, they just try a second time. You're telling me getdare is actually facilitating in these practices by not banning known/outed fakers.

On the internet you can be everyone you want to be, so you're saying. But you are actually banning underage users. This is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but I don't see how your other statements are in line with this. Those underage users are banned because, according to the law, they cannot consent. The men responding to my hypothetical ad could not give consent to engage in sexual acts with a man because they were lied to.
Hi carelessprogram,

I think you raise several important points and I am not going to disagree with you on any of it... I have been there.

However what I will say is; getDare is a free to use platform for us to enjoy. Unfortunately, it does not have the resources to vet anyone let alone everyone. I believe as an adult you should take the responsibility upon your own shoulders to ensure the person you are sending sensitive material to is the person they say they are. This can be done in various ways.

Knowing that you are on a platform which does not vet it's members and complaining that they do not vet it's members seems kinda silly.

Yes it would be great if getDare got rid of the 50%+ of sad men who think it's okay to do this... by the way for equality purposes the U.K news recently covered a story where a girl pretended to be a man for similar gratification, but getDare do not do this. You know they do not do this. You have been told it is not against their rules to do this.

So from my view you have a few options my friend... either take responsibility and only send your dick pics to people you have verified yourself, stop sending dick pics or... stop using getDare altogether.

Look, I get that it is frustrating... I have been there myself a few times AND luckily nothing too bad happened. It's humiliating and can lead to the serious consequences you raise. So for god sake guys, if you are going to build up relationships on here in the knowledge that the girl may be potentially packing more than you... either continue the relationship blindly, verify the person, decide not to send anything or don't use getDare.

Rant over!

C4E.

Loves, Likes & Limits