Thread: Hypnosis
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 07:47 PM   #11
minimarshmellow
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by An_Jon View Post
Would you say there's a certain style or demeanour that suits you best when it comes to hypnotism?

If all proper consents and negotiations are given and undertaken, do you feel that there's an approach to hypnotism that wouldn't work on you and what is it?
I apologize now for the length that is this message.

My modality is auditory digital (aka analytical). Some people think this modality is harder to work with; however, that isn't true. You just have to work with this modality slightly different.

In my personal case, I HATE relaxation inductions. They are beyond boring for me. Things that I have found work well for me are confusion inductions and overload. With confusion inductions it has to be very rapid since my mind processes information rather quickly. For example, I listened to a 7+/-2 induction about a year ago, once. I still can list almost all of the steps in order. So for a confusion induction to really work on me it has to be fast and confusing as heck. Overload is easier to accomplish for me, since I already process more sensory information than the average person. So the core of this would be utilizing different senses all at once. One of my favorite inductions is a butterfly induction. This is accomplished by the tist fluttering or "butterflying" their fingers in front of the subjects eyes rapidly. The visual stimulus of the fluttering fingers, plus the auditory of the tist speaking, plus the slight confusion induced by the random pattern of the fingers, I am usually gone really fast.

Going back to your second question, my answer is relaxation inductions. Like I said before, I absolutely HATE them. The only way a relaxation induction might work on me is if the tist is very conditioned, they use an authoritative approach, and they build that overload sensation by referring to all the sensory information available.

Given all that information, I still have found I only drop well for one tist. I did have a few sessions with another tist, but I was not fully dropping. Now all of this may change if I built strong rapport with another tist. Hypnosis requires a lot of trust and rapport.

Married. Asexual. Certified Professional Hypnotist. Wholesomely Evil.
Neurodivergent. Official Snack Professional.

Ask me all of your hypnosis questions HERE!
minimarshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to minimarshmellow for this post: