View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #25
Blank
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aivey View Post
I think that it's not a bad idea, but it could be rather controvertial if there was a specific "list" of people who were to be looked out for because it would put them at a dissadvantage. It's not fair, because it's like declining someone a job just because they were in jail before. It would give people less incentives to start over, and mods would have a new problem with people creating new accounts just to get off the list. Determining who should be on the list would also be a very difficult process.

What I think getDare should do is to assign a new occupation, similar to being a moderator, but with the job as being someone who people can go to for advice. Certain reputable users that are trustworthy, such as Leo, Loman, Lazyfox, Starshadows, just to name a few (pretty much the more well known users) could be assigned positions so that people know and believe what they say is true. The whole point of this is so that people know who to trust and listen to when it comes to advice.

As a relatively new user here, I remember how it was quite hard for me to decide who was trustworthy or not. If getDare were able to point out to the others "hey, this is a good person, and knows how the people here are like, and it's pretty good idea to listen to what this person has to tell" then it would save lots of confusion. These people could have a label as "guardians" (or something similar to that name) similar to how the moderators have that "moderator" sign on their profiles and below their usernames. It would be told to ALL new getDare users, if someone unkown approaches them about things such as looking for a slave/master that they are encouraged to ask one of these people for some advice so they can get a general idea on what sort of person the PMer was...

I know many people like Leo have already taken up this job personally, but they don't recieve the proper titles on actually doing this job, causing many people to not know who to believe. As I said before, i went through the receiving side of being "randomly PMd and being pulled into a S/M relationship i wasnt ready for" I was really pissed when certain users came out and said "hey, this isn't a great guy to be with" because i was thinking "who the heck are these people anyways?!" if getDare had a way to let me know that these were regulars who knew what they were talking about, then it would've saved me from a lot of stress and pain on trying to find out who to listen to.

So summed up, I think that getDare should create new occupations for Reputable regulars who know most people on gD, along with warning messages to the newer users when they recieve a PM so that whenever a new user joins or receives ANY PM of any sort, the would be told something like "If you ever receive a request of an S/M nature from an unknown user, it is highly advised for you to contact one of that "guardians (or whatever they will be called)" to ask around a bit and get to know the users of getDare better so you won't be hurt" That way, people will be automatically warned, and they will know who to go to if they were placed in a similar situation.
Leopard should be a mod, am I right?