View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 06:15 PM   #58
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Sam couldn't get through to Tom at first. Problem with his mobile phone. But he did in a day or so, and they agreed to meet Thursday in the Union bar.

Meanwhile Richard had spoken to Meg who in turn had spoken to her bf Ian. He rang Alex.
"Hi Alex, it's Richard," he said. "Good news and not so good. Meg is Ok and up for it but only on basis Ian's playing too. Fine by me. But we'll be minus Liz and Peter."
"Why," said Alex? "What's the problem? I thought all was OK with them last week."
"Oh, nothing like that. Just that she and Peter have joined the rugby club and the Women's XV are short of a hooker for the game against Durham Uni on Saturday. She's sure as eggs got the build for a front row forward, as you saw. She weighs thirteen stone. And she's agreed to go for the training Friday night and Peter'll be giving her moral support. He'll not get a game though. But they'll be OK with us for future sessions."
"Thanks. Who is this Ian, Meg's boyfriend?"
"Reading Chemistry. Comes from Methil he told me. Football fanatic, supports Celtic. Says his home town club, being East Fife, are absolutely dire and a waste of space. But he's a nice guy. Met him a few times. Roman Catholic, with grandmother in Dublin he visits sometimes, and watches the Bohemians there when he gets the chance. They'll both be at the vanilla Games Club session tomorrow first and you can meet them there. Meg's a smasher."
"Look forward to it."

Last edited by Greatcornbow; 12-20-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: typo
Greatcornbow is offline   Reply With Quote