View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 03:32 PM   #7
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

So next evening, Saturday, Alex was in the Students' Union Bar and Sam joined him very shortly.

'Well?' Sam asked.
'OK', said Alex. 'How's this for starters. First: only one loser each week, so as to keep up the interest over time. But I don't see something like Texas Hold'em working as when the first player drops out isn't a natural game ending. There's the simple five card draw of course with lowest hand in each round stripping an item, but that means no betting and it's pretty much all chance. So I came up with Strip Poker Dice, like Liar Dice, with plenty of interaction. Every time someone loses a challenge, person strips one item and a new round starts.'
'Could work,' said Sam: 'Are the others coming?'
'Jane can't make it, but she'll be at the Games Club next Friday. I suggested it to her and she quite liked the idea and said we could test it out with a 'vanilla' game at the Club. I've got some Poker Dice in case the Club hasn't.'
'OK'

The others, Ann and Tom, with one of Tom's friends Richard, both turned up soon after and when Alex put the idea to them agreed to give it a try. Ann was reading Psychology and the idea rather appealed to her. Richard asked where they could play, as they could hardly use the Club Room!

'O no problem,' said Alex. My room is just down the corridor -we can use that.'

And so it was agreed.

Last edited by Greatcornbow; 11-20-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Greatcornbow is offline   Reply With Quote