View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 07:55 AM   #14
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

Ha! In mass confusion I appear! Won't be tagging anyone as those have already been given, and I'm posting when not supposed to? I hope butterfly knows she can task me any time she likes, so that's all square.

1. What is your favorite holiday tradition and why?

Making and lighting a bonfire. It's quiet, comforting, beautiful and temporary. People can just come together and watch the flames, being warm with each other but at the same time in their own thoughts.

2. If you could turn any book into a movie or TV series, which would you choose?

I should answer that when I've finished my book!

Seriously, though, I'm happy for books to remain as books and use my imagination. The interference between the two, like with Lord of the Rings, is irritating to me, regardless of the quality of the end result. That being said, an adult oriented animated series of Mouse Guard would be grand. And adorable.

3. If you could give 1 million dollars to a charity which would you choose and why?

I'd fund a grass roots organisation that feeds, shelters and helps in the retraining, medical care and therapy for the homeless. There is no excuse for people dying in the streets of this, or any, country.

4. What made you choose your username?

There are lots of things! Straw dogs are sacrificial objects... Businessmen use straw dogs as a set up to a better deal...

5. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are 3 things you might have on it?

Well, I have an ever expanding list of things I want to do... so technically yes.

i) visit the Sikh Golden Temple. It feeds about 50,000 people a day. Anyone can go there for a free meal, cooked by volunteers and funded by donations.

ii) write a least one satisfactory-quality children's book. Giving very young children a passion for reading is one of the most worthwhile things I can think of doing.

iii) keep bees.

Thank you for the questions.

'A man’s character is most evident by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or reciprocate.'

-Paul Eldridge
StrawDog is offline   Reply With Quote