View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 10:38 AM   #3
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

For me the only punishment truly needed is to know that I have disappointed my Dom. However, there is also a difference between a punishment and a consequence. A punishment is given when something was deliberately not followed. A rule or a task that was not completed for no reason other than they didn't want to do it. A consequence on the other hand can be used when something was done incorrectly or truly forgotten, or maybe outside of the subs control (ie. being tardy for a session, or forgetting to send a message as soon as they arrived at home).

I think it is cruel to tell your sub that they have disappointed you if that isn't true. I think you also need to be careful when telling your sub you are disappointed if they have tried their best. Sure, maybe things didn't go the way you planned or hoped for, but as long as they tried their best and gave it their full effort, that is what should matter. Sometimes things happen.

So to answer the question, I don't think it is cruel as long as it isn't done to hurt them, but rather a true reflection of your feelings. After all, communication and sharing of feelings is the most important part of any relationship.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote