View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 08:09 PM   #8
suballyzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
I married my Dom (who I met on here). We both work full time and we split the household duties evenly. He washes the laundry, I fold it. I cook 80% of the time, and we both clean up from dinner equally. He cleans the kitty litter, takes out the garbage and manages the recycling, and I clean the bathroom.

Our household duties really have nothing to do with our D/s relationship. We are Husband and Wife and that supersedes being Dom and sub.

Things would be different if one of us didn't work, or one of us worked part time, and things will most definitely change when we have children. However, I would not agree to a relationship where we both worked full time and the household duties fell into my lap solely because it was "wifely duties" or "my place as a sub". That doesn't work for me.

Some people want to do that and can make that work, but it isn't the life for me.

My advice is that you need to find somebody who has the same values and ideas about D/s as you. Obviously the Dom you talked to on fetlife is not a good match. But I feel that this is something that needs to be discussed and negotiated in each individual situation.
Thanks for the reply, Butterfly. And such a sweet Dom you have! That Dom on fetlife and I were just talking and sharing things, as I'm already owned. But the fact that he got mad when I disagreed made me wonder if my thoughts were a bit strange in the D/s community. However, all the above comments did a great job clarifying things to me!

I WILL NOT PLAY/GIVE DARES/GET DARES FROM/WITH STRANGERS, SO DON'T PM ME ASKING FOR THAT!
suballyzon is offline   Reply With Quote