View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 05:15 AM   #10
Adare2018
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyragon123 View Post
Do you think the very binary way people think about the concept of "virginity" still makes sense today? (Penis in vagina sex means not a virgin anymore)

Are you on any other sites? I swear I just HAD this conversation with someone :/ great topic.

No, I don't think penis in vagina = non virgin. My issue is personal. By that definition I lost my virginity before I got double digits. When I was asked that question I USED to call myself a "virgin of will." Being a WILLING consensual participant has to be part of the definition for it to fit for me.

To you, do these count as losing your virginity? Explanation encouraged
  • Anal? No opinion... I've never thought it through.
  • Oral? (Blowjobs/Cunillingus) definitely not part of losing virginity, but definitely a type of sex.
  • Masturbation, using just your hands? I'll say No, like above not loss of virginity, but also type of sex. I'm strange I did this LAST.
  • Masturbation, aided by toys? Same as above.
  • Anal/vaginal penetration with toys? Now here I diverge... if you entered yourself with specific intent to achieve orgasm then yeah, I think it is. But I'll need to think on it more deeply.
  • Masturbation/Toy Penetration (administered by someone else)? Absolutely.

How connected is virginity to innocence? Not at all. I am not a virgin or a virgin of will any longer, but I am absolutely innocent. Innocence is a state of mind. Innocence to me has to do with how you view yourself and the world and others.

What is your perception of virginity?
It must be a consensual giving of yourself. A desired intent and act to be intimate with another consenting individual or yourself. For this reason a person can not lose their virginity to rape or before the age of mental emotional maturity which is different from person to person.

Do you consider yourself to be a virgin, based on your idea of virginity?
I am not. I gave my virginity to the person I loved intentionally, with desire to do so. I am however, and always will be, innocent.

"I, with a deeper instinct, chose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands of me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman."~ Anais Nin
Adare2018 is offline   Reply With Quote