View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 11:26 PM   #49
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

Only 30 minutes left - I just did the other 30.

I wanted to get this to an end so I would stop thinking about it, and I needed some thinking time, so I got into my "guard uniform" and set a timer and put a plastic poker chip (unlike a metal coin, it won't mark the paint) on the wall to hold with my nose.

I had an itch in my nose right away, of course, but there was nothing to do with that.
So I ignored it and spent a while figuring out the main plot and sections for a little story I am planning, to enter the May Story Contest (theme = summer). The main thing was to figure the core elements, and then how to get it written in just a few chapters while making it fun to read, and then coming to an ending that works because for the contest I don't want the story to be too long. (I can always add to it later if I like the way it goes.)

But this worked out pretty fast and I don't suppose I was much more than half way through 30 minutes, I really had no idea, when I was satisfied with it - at least until I actually start to write.

So then I felt the itch on my leg, and then a really sharp one on my neck - is there a mosquito in here - nope its too sharp for a mosquito - probably my imagination.

And then I started the usual thing: I saw the numbers move on the timer, but is the volume turned up enough to hear? Hasn't it been too long? When will it ring?

And then it did. I was free, and there is 30 minutes left for someone else to stand.
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to MarvHarvey for this post: