View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 11:27 PM   #17
MasterMichaelNY
Account Banned

Hey Alexis

First off, as pointed out, everybody goes thru what your going thru right now. As for your degree, I don't know what it is in, but a lot of people have to move in order to find work, and when I say move, like a few states over. Let me put a though in your head, have you checked out the Military, and becoming a officer, I'm sure they would have the type of work your looking for, and best yet, you can retire in 20 to 25 years

My Nephew, is going to college now, and his major is auto engineering. When he is done, he will not be able to find a job here in New York, he's going to have to move to Texas, or Ohio, or another corn state.

One of my cousins, has a Master's degree, he couldn't find work, and he is working as a janitor in a school. Also his Mother found the job for him. His sister, has a degree in business, and the only work she could find is being a store manager. Also, they live in the Metro New York area. So you see it's kind of bad all around. Sometimes you need to think positive, and also think outside of the box.

As for your Mom, and family. Again, everybody goes thru this. Just keep this in mind. Even when she is 80, your still going to be her baby. Just hang in there until you get your own place. I had to do this when I was in my mid 20s. I went into the military, and got out, and had to move back in. It SUCKED, until I moved out.

As for work, yea you have to wear a mask. There is a degree of professionalism that your employer expects from you. That's why it's called Work, and not Fun.

As for everybody else. Fuck them, if they don't like you, they don't have to be your friend. Also don't worry about what they think.

Now, if you decide the Military thing isn't for you, you need to play Tarzan. Take a Job (Just over broke), and keep your eyes open for something that pays more, and swing to that job, and just keep swinging until you find a CAREER. Just like Tarzan, he has to swing from vine to vine, to get from point A, to point B. Just keep on moving up. In order to do that, you need to start swinging, and stop looking at the vine.

As for the low paying jobs that your worried about what the employer thinks. They know you have a degree, and they know, if your offered something better your going to leave. But guess what, they need to hire somebody to do the job, so that way they can make money NOW. There not going to wait for the perfect employee to walk thru the door, they need to move now, and make money. Also since they know you have a degree, if they like you, and they want to keep you, there going to offer you something better as soon as they can.

Anyway, good luck.
Just grab that first vine, and see were it takes you.

Kik, MasterMichaelNY
Email, [email protected]
MasterMichaelNY is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to MasterMichaelNY for this post: