View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 11:49 AM   #3
sciencegal

Anal is one of my likes that I’ve had from the beginning. Surprisingly enough, anal was one of the first things that I explored when I became sexually active. I liked the feeling of having something inside my ass and I believe I started out using a permanent marker. It’s different than vaginal penetration for sure, but I find it equally pleasurable. For me, anal gives me a sensation that often ties directly to my vagina. I often feel pleasurable convulsions when my sphincter grips down on the object inside me. I can’t say what specifically got me interested in anal play, but I know that once I saw what it was, I was hooked.

My advice for anal beginners: go slow and do not be afraid of lube. This seems very basic, but the worst thing you can do is try to do anal play dry. You can run into all sorts of problems, like objects getting stuck or tearing, which can lead to serious medical issues (infection, trips to the ER, etc). I also know that not everyone has the means to buy a sex toy right away, or cannot keep one due to living situations. Be safe when selecting household items to use. Think about the shape. If you do not have something like a butt plug, that has a stopper to keep the object from fully inserting, you will need to be careful. You do not want to insert an object like a dildo fully because you run the risk of it getting stuck. Vegetables are a popular item; be aware that fruits and vegetables are coated in pesticides usually. It’s important to wash them and if at all possible use a condom in addition. You absorb directly through your colon (which is why you need to be very careful with what you use in enemas as well), so be aware that anything you put inside you needs to be thoroughly cleaned beforehand.

Safety is very important with anal play. The colon does not self-lubricate like the vagina does, so you will want to be sure to use lots of lube. I touched on some safety tips already, but cleanliness is really very important. Also, if you are planning to do multiple enemas, be aware that your body does absorb some of the liquid when you retain one. It is wise to add a tiny amount of salt to each enema to help keep your body from absorbing too much. You can in fact become over-hydrated, which is a very serious medical problem.

As for toys, try to choose a body-safe material. Glass, stainless/surgical steel, and medical grade silicone are my top choices. Avoid the “jelly” material toys whenever possible. These toys actually break down with time. If you use them over an extended period, you can actually develop a painful rash and worse from the chemical leaching out. Think about the shape of the plug and base as well when selecting a toy. If you wish to walk around with a toy for a bit of hidden public or as part of your daily life, you will likely want to avoid rounded bases (the base is the part that sits outside your body and acts as a stopper to keep the plug from going completely inside your ass). In my experience, I’ve found that round bases tend to get annoying when moving around a lot as they put a lot of pressure on your butt cheeks. This can create a rubbing/pinching sensation, which in my experience can become very unpleasant. Rectangular bases are the most comfortable that I've found as they sit between your butt cheeks much better. There are several options that feature a slight curvature in the center of the base, near the neck. These are very comfortable as they allow your butt cheeks to comfortably adjust around the base. If you plan to wear a plug for several hours, you will also want to keep extra lube with you. Keep it in a baggie so that if you need to take the plug out for any reason at all, you have somewhere to safely store it (since trying to wash a plug in a public bathroom probably isn’t going to happen). In addition, try to find a plug with a longer neck (the area from the base to the actual larger plug part). This will keep the pressure further from your anus. Plugs that have a very short base tend to have the bulk of the pressure sensation right at your anus; I’ve found that when the pressure is higher, it gives you a more “full feeling” which is more pleasurable in my opinion. A longer neck also takes the pressure off of your anus, which helps your muscle relax.

Most of this is very general safety advice, but it can’t be said enough.