Thread: Spelling
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #28
Powerstrip
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Powerstrip Send a message via Yahoo to Powerstrip

If english is not your first language, then it is excuseable.

Otherwise, learn to type right! I don't mind the odd misspelling, we all get our fingers in a twist occasionaly and a typo appears, or of course, you don't actually know how to spell the word.

Just before clicking that "Submit Reply" button, does it really hurt to take 2 minutes out and check your spellings?

MSN spellings such as "u" for "you", "l8rs" for "laters" etc, are for MSN. 1337 speak is to be banned outright.

On a forum, such as this one, people are to be intelligible and sensible and have a certain amount of etiquette for other forum users.

Personally, I type like this 90% of the time. I don't use much text speek or MSN slang as I feel that doing so is killing the english language.

Here's an idea, from now on all badly spelt posts shall be either ignored, moved to trash, or the subject shall be altered so that the poster corrects themselves if he/she wants the information they want.

Who's with me? Yay or nay?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darelova55 View Post
people cant allways spell corectly as some of us live at home and cant be caught by our olds and dont have time to use spell check
I also have to hide this from my family, but typing well in the first place isn't that hard. We're not asking you to check every word with a dictionary, but all we want is you to type properly in the first place. I would expect people to be able to do so with 99% of their words. The odd misspelling is excuseable.

I am looking for a mistress. Please PM me if interested

Last edited by Powerstrip; 11-12-2007 at 02:26 PM.