Thread: Non-Fiction: A Tale of Many Bets
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
Demon Thief
getDare Devil

Chapter Two

Nothing really eventful happened until we arrived at school.

The bus driver stood up and said, "Okay, to make things easy on all of us, where you are sitting now, that is where you sit for the rest of the year."

I looked around and saw that there was no one sitting near Damien and myself, which would mean that we would not be bothered at all. I had no problem sitting next to Damien, and I was pretty sure he had no problem too.

To make an uninteresting part seem less boring, Damien and I went to our classes (and we shared a few I might add). It wasn't until we were back on the bus that anything happened.

"Hey, Kyle, are you busy this afternoon?" Damien asked.

"No, I'm not. Why?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to cme over to my house for a while," he said.

I thought about it for a moment. There was nobody at my home at the moment, so I would be alone for a few hours. I smiled and said that I would come over right after I was dropped off.

A few minutes later, I got off the bus. I left my backpack and a brief note to my mother explaining where I was in case she got home before me. Then I got on my bike and rode over to Damien's house.

He was standing in the driveway waiting for me when I pedaled up. "are your parents home?" I asked him.

"No, they're not. They get out much later. I also have a younger brother, but he won't be home for a while either." he replied.

I said okay then asked what we were going to do.

"Do you know how to play poker?" he asked.

I told him I did.

"Are you any good?"

"Yes."

"Good. In that case, mybe we should make a bet on a game of poker," he said.
And when the entire mountain is chiseled away then the first second of eternity will have passed."
You must think that's a hell of a long time.
Personally, I think that's a hell of a bird.

14 years on GetDare!
Demon Thief is offline   Reply With Quote