View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 05:41 AM   #3
yellowtop
getDare Sweetheart

ah, linewriting. This makes me think I might have to visit Kitten's thread again. I haven't done anything particularly wrong though recently to deserve lines, at least not as far as I know.

your task sounds like a nightmare. To be clear, the program outputs the arithmetic and you would then have to evaluate the numbers yourself?
How many lines do you think would be appropriate with this?

I'm always interested in ways to make written punishments inventive and challenging. When we were at school, you always used to write lines in columns because it made it seem easier somehow. So some teachers would start setting lines that were longer than 1 line ,so you couldn't do that, or it wasn't so easy. Some teachers used to set long paragraphs of copying, say 10,20,30 copies required.

Then there's the possibility of altering the lines from one to the next
so that they can't be copied in columns. So "This is line number one and I still have four hundred and ninety nine lines to write" sort of thing.

On a completely different tack, I've heard of punishments involving squared paper, so you must write some digit or letter in every square of some graph paper. Alternatively, there's colouring in every other square so you get a checkerboard pattern. That's supposed to take ages to do, be excruciatingly tedious, and yet be trivial for the setter to check that the task has been done properly, so it ticks all the boxes for lines/written punishments. I've never actually done that task myself though.

As you can tell, this subject is close to my heart. Are you going to set these lines for others, or are you going to do them yourself?