Thread: 22/m ama
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #17
Confidential

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpropel View Post
I used to be a big EDM fan but I fell in love with IDM. Most of my favorite electronic musicians do IDM. I don't know if you've ever heard of Warp Records, but it's like the home of a variety of acclaimed and influential electronic musicians. What really blows my mind is this all started in like the late 80's and early 90's, the music was so ahead of its time if you listen to it.

Here's some of my favorite electronic artists (no particular order)

1.Aphex Twin (he's pretty much the god of electronic music and in my in my top 5 musicians of all time)
2.Flying Lotus
3.Autechre
4.Boards of Canada
5.deadmau5
6.Jamie xx

I don't particularly listen to any new artists anymore but I really should. :P

So yeah thanks for listening to me ramble about this haha
Bruh deadmau5 is the shit, along with Benny Benassi. I'll be sure to check out your list. Would recommend checking out some of the newer people too. A lot of them have some future bass-y vibe (dunno if that term has now varied to include others, though) that you can go wild with. My favorite is when they're so damn good with drum and bass, but absolutely kill it with melody. I love the piano, so hearing any tracks that have a great melody makes me tremble with goodness.

Thank you so much for asking your questions! I enjoyed them thoroughly

Limits: Severe pain, family, friends, social media

Will add to this as needed.

Want to know more about me? Here's my AMA: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=276192

Spoiler:
Want a dare from me? Show me that you're worth it.
Confidential is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Confidential for this post: