Thread: About handcuffs
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #7
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroface View Post
Also, what type of handcuffs should I then buy? I think there are many different types. I also think the type you buy in sex shops mostly come with a safety latch which means you can always open them without a key. Is this true?
As far as I know most of them come with a quick release but that's certainly something you may want to check with the salesperson if you go to a sex shop. I don't know about where you live but here we can ask the staff to open packages and show us the merchandise and ask all the questions necessary. So if you can and feel comfortable (hopefully you do) that's probably the best thing to do.

But concerning safety: while it is a good idea to check for that quick release you may also want to consider a few other things with handcuffs. Some of them are definitely safer than others both for self-bondage and long-term usage.

The most popular pick for kinksters are the good ol' metal ones. The problem with those is that they are not particularly safe because they were not originally designed for kinky play but to restrain criminals Cops don't care if the cuffs cut off blood circulation, leave nasty marks or even cause nerve damage on the bad guys So if you plan to do some relatively intricate self-bondage or to wear them for some longer periods of time you may want to consider another option.

Personally if I were to shop for handcuffs I would go for leather ones. These are a lot safer when it comes to avoiding injuries or marks (the risks are very low). With many of them you can easily remove the chain between the cuffs, adjust the length, replace with a longer chain, etc.

And yet there is also the option of binding yourself with rop cuffs. On this site you may find a few variations. I have used rope cuffs myself many times with no problem. The only downside I saw was that it takes a little practice to do because self-binding hands isn't quite as easy as some other body parts. But it's not super complicated either and has the advantage of being cheaper of course. If you use these make sure to have a pair of safety scissors nearby just in case
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to SubMissChievous for this post: