View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 08:28 AM   #9
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

My last point was more of a joke than anything else because i saw irony in complaining about segregation and yet making a post for those who don't like these threads which, if you look at it objectively, is also divisive But, no, I didn't take your comment too seriously either

The thing is that these threads are nothing really new. In 9 years I have seem others pop up, or things like "Anyone from Melbourne, Ohio, Africa, whatever". These stay up for a little while then die of natural causes. Unless there is nothing else in the Lounge of course. And Kid's comment about the Lounge being one of the least popular forums right got me to think of something else: there was a time that this portion of the site was actually a lot more active than it is now. In fact, it was one of the most popular ones before such sub-forums like Bets & Challenges and Messengers took over. When those weren't around people posted a lot more here and were actually interacting with each other!

So here's a novel idea: instead of debating whether some already existing threads should be banned, why not posting other topics for discussion? And I don't mean just you, OP, or people who don't like the non-English posts... I mean everyone (including myself). That's something I would like to see a lot more than seeing some existing topics go

As far as what is allowed or not in the Lounge in general... Lounges, in any forums, are always more lax in what kis allowed and not allowed. So, yes, moderation is there but in general we won't ban topics such as politics or religion even if it makes some people uncomfortable. You always have the option not to read if you don't like a particular topic. If something gets out of hand we do all we can to the best of our abilities to moderate but regular members also have a responsibility in reporting content that is inappropriate or potentially harmful. So what is posted in any thread isn't just the moderators' responsibility, but everyone's.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to SubMissChievous for this post: