View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 04:49 AM   #5
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Default Well, disregarding the improper poll....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runesmith View Post
Suddenly, local language threads have started proliferating on GetDare, and in my opinion, this is extremely ill advised. I am a non-native English speaker, but I joined this forum because I can string a few words together adequately in this international language. If I couldn't, or if I wished to stay within my comfort zone, I would have found a similar forum in my native language.

Yes, we agree that this is ill advised. This has a potential to cause problems. We don't agree on why.

The problem is even though native speakers would understand (and some would probably stop it) that if you don't speak the language it can lead to a easy way for trolls and shit. And turn into a place to trash.

Not everyone will understand the language. This really isn't too big of a cause for concern as native speakers (there will always be good ones.) will probably try to keep that from being the case. But, they can only do so much.

Also, most of the moderators only speak English, (not sure but think that's the case, didn't check). So how do they moderate these threads? It's just to easy to sneak things past.

Starting threads for finding people who live in the same country/region is fine, but those dedicated to each language segregate the community, and distracts people. Like it or not, English is the international language, and it brings people together. Yes, people like I make spelling and grammatical mistakes in English - but should we resort to creating threads for every language in the world as a result? What is this - the UN, for crying out loud?

Same country and area is fine. As for distracting people, that is doubtful. Yes, it can cause people to want to know what's going on. But, they can learn the language of that's the case.

Rant over. Since we all believe in democracy, let's have an EU referendum (that's declaration of civil war, in American terms) - should the local language threads continue, or should they be banned?

Like all EU referenda, this has absolutely no legal validity.
Do not care if they continue. Just wish they didn't take over the lounge, it pushes down other threads. And the lounge is already one of the least popular subforms.

Not going to vote in the poll, as Gyev is right, it is improperly done.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote