Thread: Fiction: Mark's Babysitting Adventure
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
Demon Thief
getDare Devil

Thank you for your kind comments.

Part Two

At around 4:40, Mark pulled in Linda's driveway, following directions she had given him the day before. He had asked his parents about babysitting Linda's kids and they said it was fine as long as he called if there were any problems.
Linda answered the door. She asked, "Any problems finding the house?"
"No," Mark replied.
"That's good. I'll call my kids and introduce you," Linda said. She walked to the foot of the stairs and called up, "Alex? Steven? Come meet the new babysitter!" The sound of pounding footsteps echoed down the stairs and suddenly two boys appeared in front of Mark. Except for a small difference in height, the two boys looked alike with both of them having light brown hair.
"Mark, I'd like you to meet my sons. The taller one is Alex, and he's 11. The other one is Steven, who's 8. Kids, this is Mark, your new babysitter."
"Hello," Mark said.
"Hi," answered Alex and Steven.
"Well kids, I must be off. Mark, the number of the hotel I'm staying at is on the fridge. The kids have already been fed and everything. They have to be in bed by 10. See you on Sunday!" She left, shutting the door behind her.
The three of them remained where they were standing until Linda's car pulled out of the driveway and down the street. Then Alex asked, "Can we go back to what we were doing, please?"
"What were you guys doing?" Mark asked.
"I was playing Halo on my XBox, and Steven was playing in his room," Alex answered.
"Mind if I do something with you guys?" Mark asked.
"You can play Halo with me," Alex offered.
"I could do that," Mark replied, as they all headed upstairs.

What do you guys think?
And when the entire mountain is chiseled away then the first second of eternity will have passed."
You must think that's a hell of a long time.
Personally, I think that's a hell of a bird.

14 years on GetDare!

Last edited by Demon Thief; 12-16-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Formatting
Demon Thief is offline   Reply With Quote