Thread: bestiality
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #68
RiskyVenture

Send a message via Yahoo to RiskyVenture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
You did, I assumed by my answer you would see that yes i'm obviously saying one of the reasons it is wrong because it is unnatural.
I did assume so, but I still wanted you to verify the assumption. It's an old habit and I do it to avoid being accused of throwing false accusations.

Personally I don't think that some is wrong because it's unnatural. I love electronica and often I'm told it's wrong because it's unnatural, when parents want peace they tell kids to go outside, because playing video games is unnatural, most people would think what the users here are into is wrong, because it's unnatural.

Fact is, we live in a world where everything is unnatural. TVs, cars, computers, cellphones, debates, philosophy, research, science, clothes, make up, this entire Internet debate and so on is all unnatural.

I've heard the unnatural-equals-wrong equation countless times before, but always in a religious context. I honestly did not expect to hear it on a website that deals with dares of this caliber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
So you conceed that regarding pedophilia you think it is wrong even if there isn't obvious harm involved, and yet you don't apply the same thing to bestiality.
Try not to twist it. I deliberately said "feel" and not think. There is a world of difference. If you allow feelings to be your moral compass and justification you're nothing, but a sociopath.

You might feel like fucking some tease, but you can't use your feelings to justify raping her.

Personally I would never allow feelings to overrule rational thinking. That's not to say I'm above manipulation, but if my feelings went against my intellect, I'd trust my intellect.

As for the comparison between bestiality and pedophilia or incest. It's invalid. The reason that the last two are wrong is the harm it causes the child. Prove that bestiality is harmful to animals or humans and I will agree it's wrong.

Maybe it's time this turned into an actual debate and we got a very important prerequisite settled: What is the goal of life? To please your God? To reproduce? To live like they did in the 50's? To populate foreign planets? To be happy? For all to be happy? Ultimately, how well an action accomplishes the respective goal is what determines how right it is.