View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 01:25 AM   #55
muddz
getDare Sweetheart

What annoys me a bit is that you (probably unintentionally) sweep criticism under the carpet while saying you listen to it (why should I verify... childish question), using your lesbian example as if a female slave has less 'right to know' the gender of their conversation partner, you sweep the counter argument of peer pressure away by saying only a few need to get verified.

These things are simply not true, first of all, the 'why should I' is the real right of privacy while ' the right to know the gender of your conversation partner' isn't. This is not a dating site setup to find your (life) partner, like it or not but on most places on the internet, the right for privacy weighs more than knowing who you are replying to (this goes for comment sections on news sites, maybe you are replying to someone who is criticizing Russia but is really working for the propaganda team of that country) Right of privacy before mandatory Identification.

The way you sweep away the peer pressure argument is baffling to me, what do you think it would mean for a casual female visitor of GD if even 10% of the females voluntary proved their gender and/or age? Do you really think everyone would just go 'oh, no problem you didn't verify, you are probably female anyway. The argument will just slide, instead of 'could you send some pics, else I doubt you are female' will become 'could you just verify, else I doubt you are female'. Just stating this won't be a problem is not a defence.
Lastly, your two ' kidding but you get my point' remarks really fall flat. It seems you don't get the point at all and moreover, don't respect the others opinion.

Ill end with again telling why 'not a requirement' is not a good argument. Making something in essence voluntary but in reality mandatory is replacing a choice with an implied social and moral call: Maybe your municipality does not state you have to place your garbage outside on a given day, but if you just put it outside whenever you want, people will think you are a douche bag.

I would wager that even if almost no one uses the system at first, people will get pressured to use it because suddenly it is their responsibility to show their genitals, instead of their right not to.