View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 03:21 PM   #44
groen

I am a 25 year old guy from the Netherlands and I am totally against it for a lot of reasons.
For starters if you want to verify yourself or if any other user wants to do so there are many options already

• you can post you picture publicly
• you can post it only for your friends
• you can share it privately
• you could even theoretically already send it to you or some other 3th party to verify
• I have seen more than enough ads starting with the simple statement I do require picture proof or audio proof or some kind off other proof so if you want to be sure you aren’t wasting your time and you believe you are able to judge this from a picture this might be your best option

there is a lot off generalization on the subject off pictures and even though I know they are probably based on some kind off stats it still make me feel uncomfortable to be honest.
As an example (Even if 98% of the guys would be willing to share pictures there is still that 2% you are effectively closing out by saying all guys would be willing ) this basically goes for all things where these kind off statements are made (not blaming anyone so please don’t feel attacked just saying how it makes me feel )

And in case you are wondering I am indeed not willing to share pictures in any form or shape you might call it paranoid ,silly ,shy ,smart ,stupid ,etc but that doesn’t change how I feel. And I would honestly leave the website if it became mandatory even if it was only on the master/slave area. And in case you are going to make the argument that it could be voluntary well unless I am totally mistaken this is already possible in many ways under the current rules/site environment as described above and yes most people might end up verifying privately that true but in my opinion that is perfectly fine for the master area since the idea isn’t really to switch every two weeks from partner or not for most anyway

So to me even if I was willing to share my picture there wouldn’t be any reason to do it through a 3th party certainly not for the section you are talking about.
I don’t see an advantage to doing it that way why couldn’t I just send it to my chosen partner if I am going to send it anyway. Since the 3th party would just be as trustworthy or untrustworthy as the partner in my eyes I don’t know the partner but I don’t know you either why couldn’t you just decide one day to post them all publically or blackmail me or indeed recognize me so if I would take the chance off that happening I would rather just send it to the partner

The voting system would work theoretically I think but in practice it would be abused by bullies or other people and I think the reporting system is in a sense the same since it gives you the opportunity to report someone who is really misbehaving and that is your goal here I isn’t a popularity contest and I rather see someone report a underage person then just vote them down since the report thing probably would be quicker.

As on how to deal with it if you aren’t willing to demand picture prove that might be hard I do get that as well. And after having the experience of being catfished or fooled or whatever you want to call it I indeed started doubting people a bit. But my solution was to just start everyone on a clean sheet no matter how hard it was and give everyone the benefit off the doubt. This might indeed get you hurt a few times but that’s the cost off playing the game in my it isn’t any different in the real world although I guess most off the time you would know there gender. People online and offline can lie about important thing can camouflage their behavior and just play mean tricks on you. And honestly those other things might even be more hurtful and harder to detect. I actually enjoy getting to know people yes it takes time but I gladly infest that if the return might be a new friend or other fun experiences.

As for dealing with people who don’t trust you are the person you say you are that is way harder certainly if they are very insisting on you proving it. I haven’t dealt with this a lot so I can’t speak from experience on the site but if someone doesn’t trust me in general that’s their problem not mine there are enough people around who will I never see a reason why I should prove myself to someone else

Like some people already set a relationship all starts with trust and ends with trust if you check the person is indeed the gender and age they say then they still could say to you they did everything while not doing one thing and after 2 months say “hey you know all those things I did I didn’t goodbye” in many relations trust issues probably are the most damaging to that relationship the moment you start thinking your partner is sleeping around on you is probably the start off the end

Another issues with this method is that I really doubt that you can judge someone’s age on a picture reliably certainly if it’s one without a face and on a picture a gender can be faked as well certainly without the face. As for the whole paper thing that is doable in photoshop I have worked with guys who certainly could do it and with some practice and the right original picture I think I would be able as well yes it might take some time but those people who you say you infest time in also spend probably the same amount of time as you getting to know you even if they are just fooling you so why wouldn’t they infest a small amount of time in creating fake pictures.

I am pretty sure I missed things and said things others already said and I realize it ended a bit in rambling but like I said I am really against this and wanted to voice my opinion please don’t take it personal though it’s just how I feel