View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 12:17 PM   #13
Volt Switch

I don't support this idea for multiple reasons and agree with what a lot of people have already said, so I'll try not to rant too much.

First of all, this is the internet. Yes, there are fakes, catfish, scammers, people just looking for fap material... And there are the real ones, shy ones, open ones, those who come here for the sake of anonymity... (Theoretically) you can be just as anonymous as you want in gD since it doesn't require any real information unlike certain sites do. There is a reason people prefer that. Let's imagine this was a site where you would need to sign up with your own, verified first and last names to write anything: the site would be dead. As simple as that. With things of sexual nature people are cautious and like to hide behind anonymity. That is understandable and that is alright. This whole verification system would go against that. Even if you were the only one seeing the pictures and even if there were no face pictures, there is still a theoretical chance that the person submitting the image may be recognised. That puts many people in a position where they would rather abandon the ship, so to say, than do something that crosses their comfort zone.

Now, let's imagine this was optional and that it picked up and people started "verifying" themselves. That would cause pressure for people to verify, whether it was intentional or not. This in turn would potentially cause either one of two things: a) gD would die b) gD would become a small, almost closed community. Compared to what it is now, I don't think either would be good.

When it comes to relationships and putting effort into them... Well, tough luck. Unfortunately, that's sometimes the price you need to pay. Besides gender there are so many things that could be fake about a person that it's always a gamble, even if you knew for sure that the person you were talking with was a guy or a girl or something else.

In short: I think the verification system you suggested would put too much pressure on people, whether intended or not, and still would not be 100% effective in getting rid of the fakes. Sure, it's an interesting idea, but I don't think it would work.

Likes orgasm denial, teasing, pain, spanking
Dislikes penetration, writing lines, wedgies
Interested in being a little, anal
Limits edging, permanent, pics/video/audio, public, pee, poop

Last edited by Volt Switch; 06-16-2015 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo