Thread: [R18+] [FICTION] Prison Island
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #23
Luffy90

Chapter 22

Kate climbed down from her bed and noticed Ruby sitting there with a sad look on her face. "What? What happened?"

Ruby explained the dream to Kate.

"So... What you're saying is that we are all here because these people wanted us here?" Kate said with a confused look on her face. "Did we not even do anything bad to get here?"
  "Well. I can't know for sure about everyone. But the doctor in my dream or whatever he was sent me here, he even lied to my mom about what this place is. Told her it was a place for me to get better." Ruby started. "And don't you find it strange that none of us in here know what crimes we did, because of the memory loss? The last thing i can remember was some judge saying i was guilty and then i was sent off. It probably wasn’t even a real judge!"
  Kate let out a sigh. "Of course i do find it strange. I bet everybody in here is finding the memory loss strange. But what can we do about it?"

Ruby gathered her thoughts for a minute before continuing. "Kate, i don't think they will let us out of here even if we finish our sentence."
  "Where did you get that from?"
  "I don't know, but why would they? If they go through all the trouble bringing us here, why would they give us up after just a few years?"
  "Because we make them money by doing the work we do here?" Kate said in a tone that made it seem like she was stating the obvious.
  "So why would they let us stop?" Ruby kept pushing.
  "I don't know Ruby. I really don’t." Kate said, letting out another sigh. "So, what you want from me by having this chat is to... Enter the tournament with you. Win it, and then become free? Because... They would never let me go otherwise? Is that it?"
  "Basically yes. I mean do you honestly think they will just send you away after serving your sentence? Can't they just wipe your memories and have you do it all over again? I bet the five year deal is just to not make it feel endless, so that you actually have something to look forward too in the not so distant future."
  Kate placed her hands to the sides of her head in frustration. "Ruby, just stop creating new scenarios for a second here... You are the one having the dreams, not me! So if you keep throwing all these theories at me, i'm gonna go crazy."
  "Sorry." Ruby apologized.
  "And just so you know Ruby, your theory already have a flaw in it. Even if we win the tournament, can't they just wipe our memories after that aswell and send us back in?"
  "Well, i haven't been here for a tournament yet, but have you seen any of the winners back in here?" Ruby asked.
  "No... But what if they send them to another prison? And then make them go through all of it again?” Kate replied before continuing. “See. What i’m saying is, we can’t just keep making new theories about the things we don’t know. We might get freed after five years and we might not. The truth is, we simply just don’t know.”

Both of them just sat down thinking for a few minutes before Kate ended the silence. "Fine."
  "Fine what?" Ruby asked back.
  "I'll do it. I'll join the stupid tournament with you and try to get out of here. If we can get our memories back. Maybe we can end all of this."
  "You sure Kate?" Ruby said, now with a big smile on her face.
  "Don't try to convince me otherwise now, not after spending all this time getting me in on it."
  "I won't. Thanks Kate."
  Kate now had her serious face back. "But again. This won't be easy. Just... Be prepared to do things you might not want to do. If you really want us to win this. We need to give it our all, no second thoughts once it's started. Now, let's get some sleep, all this thinking is driving me nuts."