View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 01:42 AM   #50
RobinRed

Hi guys,

Just read the entire thread, and I appreciate that the title is "Christians Unite", but this is such an interesting convestaion that I hope it's not inappropriate to expand the discussions a little, and maybe throw in a few modern day facts into the mix (and by fact i mean something which is supported by repeatable, corroborating measurements)?

Specifically on the subject of Christ:

TL;DR - Scripture, Interpretation and the Church's agenda are not always very "Christ-like"

There's alot of evidence to support the belief that Christ was not an advocate of organised churches, and alot of evidence that suggests that the testaments that are included in the New Testament were actually cherry picked from many more accounts of his (Christ's) teachings, by a group of men who's agenda was (arguably) more to do with controlling society than the pure benevolant message that is at the core of Christianity.

So what we read, and how we are encouraged to interpret what we read is often operating for the church's agenda, not for our personal spiritual benefit (or salvation), which I personally beleive (not a fact!) was more HIS agenda.

Spirituality:

TL;DR - balance is the key, and the balance point can change as you travel on your journey.

In almost every major global religion there are factions within the religion that concentrate on more aesetic (strict self denial) practices, and other factions that are more permsssive (and correspondingly enjoyable, comfortable and sensual).

Indeed, most religious icons (including Mohammed, Jesus and Buddha to name but a few) are described as taking a journey that encompasses more than one of these states, i.e. self denial, or more indulging into the sensual pleasures of the flesh.

Modern day psychology and neurology can desrcibe the states of mind, and states of experience that we are in at various moments in our lives and following various stimulus. A massage is relaxing, being in the middle of a riot is stressful, sitting and reflecting on your actions after you've wronged somebody makes us feel guilty. All of these states are much better understood now, and techniques like NLP, hypnosis Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (ironically this is abbreviated as CBT!) help to uncover the triggers, emotional baggage and strategies that can help us move to a balanced, integrated state of mind, one that is at peace with itself, and that help us allign our actions with our values.

Darkness and Evil:

TL;DR - Evil is about intent

The different mental states in which that we can exist include moments when we are out of balance either because of factors that are internal or external to ourselves.

If someone knowingly takes advantage of another person (say, sleeping with them following a bad break up) when they are out of balance, for their own gratification, I would suggest that this is bad. They are exploiting that persons vulnerability, at best this is careless, at worst this is evil by intent.

HOWEVER, if you carry out EXACTLY the same action (sleeping with them), but this time it is GENUINELY because you KNOW that they need a confindence boost at that moment in time, (and that all other factors that could make this a bad idea have been considered etc...) then actually, it's not evil by intent.

Same thing goes for spankings, humiliation, degradation...all of us have complex needs and desires, and for as long as the person delivering the "input" (the Dom/me) hsa positive intent, then to my mind, there is no evil. It's just and exotic, and exciting form of therapy!

In summary (impressive amount of typing I think you'll agree!)

I think that is BDSM practices are carried out with good intention and with good technique (yes...RACK!) then they are comparable to Tantric practices or Yoga or meditation in terms of the uplifiting, liberating and enriching input they can have.

So I agree with Itslate, not evil, maybe dark, but certainly not in breach of any of Christ's ideology.

m/37/uk : [Bi, because a girl told me so.]

:Humiliation, diapers, edging, anal, webcam (did I mention I was hot?)
:Face (at first) illegal, friends, permanent

My PM Dares List

Denied by girls

https://dirtycode.io/9J7D4

Last edited by RobinRed; 01-22-2015 at 01:45 AM.
RobinRed is offline   Reply With Quote