View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 01:05 PM   #49
itslate

I'm an adamant atheist and I often get passionate in this sort of dicussion. I'll try and keep it brief. And just a disclaimer: I don't mean to offend anyone and this is all just my world view. But I also belief discussing world views is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slutfarm View Post
I am a Christian and yes, I often feel guilty for my activities here (and I should because they don't honor the Christ that I follow)
In my opinion, morality is way too complex and evolves too quickly in a society, that we could get the last word on it from a single old book, no matter how well thought out and well written it might be (and for my money, the bible is neither, but that's beside the point). So if you feel quilty about your actions, I think you might be doing something wrong. Just to be safe, I'll talk about myself instead:

Within my conscience, I don't want to hurt anyone. But what does "hurt" mean? If I love my neighbor, and that neighbor badly wants me to control, demean and abuse her, then I will heed her wish. If I have a guilty conscience afterwards, then I'm doing it wrong. Maybe I'm not making sure she's enjoying it? Did I ask her afterwards if she had fun, if she's okay? Are we hurting anyone (maybe spouses, boyfriends, outstanders, etc.)? Is she mentally fit for this or is she becoming unhealthily attached to me or vice versa? Are we being honest with each other? If the answer to all theses questions is "yes", then I'm not sure why I would have a guilty conscience. These are two conscenting adults having fun by giving each other something they want. It's beautiful, natural and no one gets hurt (except for something that hurts temporarily and only feels good afterwards).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slutfarm View Post
I am not judging you all, but if you really are a Christ-follower, I would suggest you think about the same.
I would submit that Christianity is such a huge label, that your appeal to all "real Christ-followers" doesn't hold much weight. And I admit I don't know what reading of scripture, morality and religion you subscribe to. But I presume you wouldn't be the first person on earth spoilt of a natural and harmless way to enjoy life because of religion. And to me that would be sad and I hope you reconsider.

Last edited by itslate; 01-20-2015 at 01:09 PM.
itslate is offline   Reply With Quote